August 22, 2012

Anniversaries

I will never understand why people that we love get taken away from us before we think their time should be up. It's such a mystery to us. But we aren't supposed to know why. God has his own plans and his own perfect timing. I, along with friends of mine, have had to learn that God's timing is absolutely perfect even when we don't understand it at all.

I lost my dad 6 and a half years ago. It's a long story, but it all happened in 3 weeks. I was a senior in high school, ready to embark on my future...and then not so much. Yesterday was not about me. It was about these people:

Graham, Jackson, Cate




Jackson, Margaret, Graham, Cate




Jackson, Graham, me, & Cate

I've known these people for a long long time. Almost my entire life, I might say. Almost.

These people have been a major part of my life for almost 7 years now. Margaret is one of my very good friends. She is a wonderful mother, person, and friend. I am blessed to have her in my life. And her children are wonderful. They are growing up so fast--it's crazy!! Jackson is now a senior in high school. I am so proud of the man he has become. I think he will do wonderful things in the world. He has such a heart for our Lord and I can't wait to see him grow in his faith. Cate is a freshman in high school and I just can't believe it. She has matured into such a beautiful young woman that I am so proud of. She is kind and hilarious and loving--all the traits you would want in a friend. She loves the Lord and continues to grow in her relationship with him. And Graham is in 7th grade. He is absolutely the funniest kid I know. He loves Jesus and I can't wait to see what kind of man he's going to be.

Father, yesterday marked 6 years that these sweet people lost their husband and father. Thank you for Jeff's life and influence. Thank you for letting me and this family bond in such a way that not many others can. It is special and I am truly thankful for it. Give them that peace that passes all of our understanding. Whisper in their ears and let them know that you're there for them. Your Word says "I will never leave you nor forsake you." and I believe that whole-heatedly. You are always with us. Thank you for that knowledge. And Father, bless them as they move into this new journey and adventure of a new man in their lives. I am so incredibly happy for Margaret. I have never seen her happier and I just love it. The kids are happy for her too, which is wonderful. Whatever their true feelings, they will come around in time, just like I did. Continue to bless them and keep them close to you during the next few months.

I love you, Lord.
Amen.

Hope everyone is having a great day!
-katie

No comments:

Post a Comment